Bedbugs can achieve many goals. When they put their mind to it, they’ll hitchhike over a long distance. Furthermore, they can hide in your home exceptionally well. You will likely live with bedbugs until the infestation spirals out of control. You’ll only know about the problem when the infestation is full-blown. Bedbugs like hiding in places that you won’t look.
For instance, they’re going to hide under your mattress and in cracks that are rarely disturbed. If you intend to find bed bugs in your home, you’ll need to look everywhere. Even if you do, there is a risk that the infestation is going to remain unnoticed. With that being said, it is pertinent to find ways to make the bedbugs come out of hiding.
I Can’t Find Bedbugs! How Can I Get Them To Come Out Of Hiding?
Thankfully, you can use certain techniques to force bedbugs to come out of hiding. Use the advice below so you can identify the infestation before it worsens.
- Since bedbugs come out at night, you can use this to your benefit. Turn the lights off and cover the winters. Make it look dark inside of your home, and the bedbugs will show themselves.
- You can also try using bedbug active traps, which use CO2 and heat to lure bedbugs. Place the trap on your bed and activate it. Leave it on your bed for a few hours and check on it. Bedbugs are attracted to the CO2 released by the human body. When they detect CO2 nearby, they know that there a human there. Using these lures is a good way to determine whether or not your home is infested with bedbugs.
- Steamers can be very effective for eliminating and detecting bedbugs. Bedbugs are attracted to heat. By using a steamer, you can warm up the area in your bedroom. Once it has reached the right temperature, the bedbugs will approach the heat thinking food is nearby. Then, you can use the steamer to kill the bugs.
- Remember that bedbugs will approach a heat source. As a result, you can use heat to lure the bedbugs out of hiding and confirm your infestation. While they’ll approach the heat source, they’re not going to get too close. Therefore, you’ll need to look carefully for the best bugs. Certain traps use heat to lure bedbugs before trapping them. Using these traps can help determine if your home is infested.
- When you return home, you’ll want to wash your clothes on high heat. Be sure to use the highest heat settings since it will kill bedbugs. Once they’ve finished, switch to the dryer and use the hottest setting. Doing this will kill the bedbugs, so they don’t infest your home.
If these techniques don’t work, you should rely on bedbug lures to detect bedbugs.
Other Ways To Lure Bedbugs Out Of Hiding
Who says you can’t use multiple tools simultaneously? You can and you should. Bedbug exterminators can help you obtain effective bedbug lures. Many of these lures have a 90-day active period so they’ll continue working during this time. These tools can trap multiple bedbugs at once. It will serve several purposes since it’ll help you trap and detect bedbugs.
Many of these products come with refills so you can continue using them after their expiration date. Using the right tools is highly recommended when attempting to detect bedbugs in your home. Once you’ve confirmed a bedbug infestation, you’ll want to fix the problem rapidly. Contact an exterminator and learn more about the services they offer.